[TYPO3] Blogging with TYPO3

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:11:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM, StephenBungert <stephenbungert at yahoo.de> wrote:

> :-)
>
> The only reason I wanted to use TYPO3 instead of WP was because of being
> able to use the content in my own extensions, because it's all in the same
> database.
>
> Also I wanted one editing environment for my site not two. I thought that
> would be easier to maintain, plus if I alter the design in TYPO3 the blog is
> also changed, but if you think its better not to I shall start making a
> theme for wordpress that matches my site. I quite like the WP interface, and
> the emails and spam filtering etc. are useful to have. I guess even that
> timtab ext doesn't do that, or does it?
>
> Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

Wordpress is a great little tool, very well-suited to its purpose, but
theming it is a severe pain in the neck (lots of separate php files,
some functions return, some echo, lots of HTML built into function
output etc, etc). Having said that, for a site that's nothing but a
blog it's a good choice (with the additional caveat that if the site
expands beyond the blog, you'll have no choice but to migrate to some
other tool or use it alongside Wordpress).

If I had to build a site _with_ a blog (instead of a site that was
*only* a blog), I'd probably use Drupal, where the blogging tools are
quite ok, and the CMS as a whole is fairly powerful--but as was
already said, it'd be odd to do TYPO3-related blogging on a non-TYPO3
platform :)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/