[TYPO3] Blogging with TYPO3

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jun 24 13:50:40 CEST 2008

Hi!

StephenBungert wrote:
> Don't you use tt_news / timtab?

I do. But only because (1) migrating it all to WordPress will take too much time and (2) I write about TYPO3 and using another CMS does not look right.

In general I do not think blogging with TYPO3 is a good idea. It does not work out of the box, tt_news needs lots of tuning, pings and trackbacks have problems. Even RSS feeds do not validate by default. In general WordPress is much easier to setup and use for blogging. Even though I am TYPO3 person, I would not recommend using TYPO3 for blogging. Sorry if this disappoints you :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org
Skype: callto:liels_bugs