[TYPO3] Re sizing images in an extension

Matyi Gábor gmatyi at freemail.hu
Tue Jun 24 11:14:52 CEST 2008

Hi!

In this topic I experienced, that the process of the imageresizing start
only if the user load the FE-page with browser first time. This can causes a
huge page-load time. It is possible to do that that this process should
start immediately after the BE user upload the image? Is there any such
extension?

I experienced this problem f.e. with tt_news, tx_commerce, rgsmoothgallery .
F.e. I upload 20 new images, I write the texts (details). If I open first
time the frontpage, where f.e. tx_commerce product are listed, I have to
wait. In this time I can chech the processes on the server console, that the
imagemagic convert every image....but as I wrote this is a slow process.

Does anybody experienced such thing? Is there eny solution?

Thanks. Gabor Matyi