[TYPO3] Frontend login with LDAP without importing users to fe_users

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:01:05 CEST 2008

Hi Marcus,

This isn't true at least for eu_ldap. Users will be authenticated
> regardless their (non-)existance in the FE/BE user table.
>
> RTFM, eu_ldap->manual->"administration chapter"->"how authentication
> works"! I'm using this extension for years and I cannot remember a time
> when it didn't have this "feature".

Then please advise me in my problem:

I'm setting up the FE login box to point to my SysFolder containing the LDAP
server, and I've enabled the LDAP Auth Service (for Frontend only) but no
authentication is succesful. With in the BE module "LDAP Integration" I'm
able to get a summary of the LDAP database, and only after manually
importing the users, a login request is succeeded.

I hope to hear from you again.

Regards and thanks

Søren