[TYPO3] Frontend login with LDAP without importing users to fe_users

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2008 at t3sec.info
Tue Jun 24 07:15:07 CEST 2008

Søren Malling schrieb:
> [...]
> Unfortunately, my creativity just isn't.. creative enough, to solve this
> problem. I need a possibility to authenticate against a LDAP server. There
> are made extension for this, but unfortunately they don't seem to do the
> authentication, unless i manually import the users to the fe_users database.
> I've tried both with eu_ldap and the series of ldap_* extensions.

This isn't true at least for eu_ldap. Users will be authenticated
regardless their (non-)existance in the FE/BE user table.

RTFM, eu_ldap->manual->"administration chapter"->"how authentication
works"! I'm using this extension for years and I cannot remember a time
when it didn't have this "feature".

Regards,
Marcus.