[TYPO3] Frontend login with LDAP without importing users to fe_users

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:51:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been reading alot about a better implementing of LDAP in TYPO3 5, and
that I'm looking forward to - untill then, we just use our creativity to get
around these challenges :-)

Unfortunately, my creativity just isn't.. creative enough, to solve this
problem. I need a possibility to authenticate against a LDAP server. There
are made extension for this, but unfortunately they don't seem to do the
authentication, unless i manually import the users to the fe_users database.
I've tried both with eu_ldap and the series of ldap_* extensions.

Is there a way, to get past this challenge with a already written extension,
else I'll be glad to start the developing of such extension. I then need a
bit of help, on how to get the extension to respond on the login call from
the FE user loginbox - anybody?

Hope to hear from someone regarding this :-)

Best regards

Søren
Denmark