[TYPO3] TYPO3 Winstaller and backup

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jun 23 22:13:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

Gunnar Jonsson wrote:
> I have installed TYPO3 Winstaller with TYPO3 4.2.1 on my Windows Vista PC.
> Everything seems to function OK.
>
> However, I would like to download an operating TYPO3 instance from UNIX and
> set it up on my PC. I usually do the backup from UNIX with mysqldump on my
> old PC with windows XP. When I installed TYPO3 Winstaller I did not find
> any
> mysqldump.exe in the mysql/bin folder. I copied mysqldump.exe from my old
> windows xp pc til my new vista PC, but then I got an error message like:
> mysqldump: unknown option '--enable-named-pipe'
> when I try to run a command line mysqldump.
>
> Someone who knows what the problem is? Do I have to download and install a
> newer myqsldump from somewhere? Or is TYPO3 Winstaller suggesting that I
> should use some other program to take backup of the mysql database, since
> mysqldump is not included in TYPO3 Winstaller?

I tried using winstaller once but gave up immediately. It gives much more problems than solutions. I unded up installing Apache, PHP, MySQL and TYPO3 separately (just like I would do it on Linux). It took me almost one day but I had complete control over my all environment.

May be it helps you too.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org