[TYPO3] How can I define a max width for inserted content?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jun 23 03:32:51 CEST 2008

on Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:24:42 +0200, Christopher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have inserted a table from Microsoft Word in the RTE-window. The table
> it is to broad for my frontend. For pictures I know that there is a
> possibility to enter the maxWidth of a block; is there something similar
> for tables?

I think you misunderstand this.
TYPO3 does not give a size for the block. the image is resized
completely. Afterwards the block is sized acording to the resized image
as to every image.
as there is no native size of a table or other html-tag TYPO3 can not
define a special size. TYPO3 uses CSS and so you can give the class a
size.
> Or any other possiblity to give them a binding maximum width?

If you would use the TYPO3-contentelement TABLE you can give each element
it's own class (and so it's own size)

bernd