[TYPO3] Firefox3 on mac

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Fri Jun 20 20:47:06 CEST 2008

G.Unger wrote:
> hi list
>
> I am working on a Mac, as probably lots of all you developers out there
> do too ;)
>
> I tried the final release of firefox3 and discovered atm. 2 inconveniences:
>
> a) when clicking in the left frame for the first time after entering the
> backend e.g. web -> page, the target is a page without the left frame.
> going back and clicking again resolves the problem and everything workz
> fine again until I logg out and bck in again. as said it is only on the
> first click after entering the backend.
>
> b) RTE does not show the existent content nor lets me enter the main
> field to put in some text. clicking the icon for html-code shows the
> content propperly, switching back to RTE resolves this issue too and the
> content is displayed propperly again.
>
> I hope I explained myself well :/
>
> Is that an issue of typo3 not working nicely with FF3 or is it a general
> FF3 issue?
>
> Bit of a shame, as safari does not deal with RTE at all and I would love
> the speed improvement of FF3.
>
> Any of you out there making the same experience or is it a local issue
> on my Mac?
> If so, I guess I would have to post this in an apple-related forum :(
> unless you can point me in the right direction.

Hi Guido,

Well lots of questions ;-) Let me start out by saying that you should also tell
us what version of TYPO3 you are working with here. Let me at least say that FF3
has problems with the 'older' backends. That is partly the reason we had updates
of the 4.0.x, 4.1.x and 4.2 branches. That probably solves your first question.

For RTE I would like to know the TYPO3 version you are working with anyway. I
did see a problem with FF3/RTE and an older TYPO3 version just last week.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation