[TYPO3] tt_news caching problem

Johnny S. js at itpower.dk
Fri Jun 20 19:45:23 CEST 2008

Hello list

I'm having some caching trouble with tt_news. When submitting a tt_news
element, the element does not show up on the website untill the cache is
cleared.
I have tried using TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd and this works fine. However when
the tt_news element has a visibility start date, the clearCacheCmd doesn't
help. To fix this, I could set plugin.tt_news.allowCaching = 0, but this is
not ideal, when using indexed_search, because the tt_news-element then isn't
cached (and therefor not searchable).

How do I make a setup, where the tt_news elements are shown immediately
after the visibility start date has passed, and at the same time make the
tt_news-element searchable with indexed_searched?

/Johnny