[TYPO3] Click-enlarge with tooltip in Internet Explorer

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:54:59 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Martin Mifsud
<martin.mifsud at bikealert.com> wrote:
> Try setting a title on the image itself. Also, your alt attribute really
> shouldn't be empty (that's actually what IE is seeing).

You might be right (IE *is* a weird animal), although the title on a
parent element _should_ override that of a child element. It also
doesn't make much sense to put a title that says "click to close" on
an image.

To the original poster, try mousing over the image at the extreme top
and bottom. If you can get the title to pop up by doing that, then the
problem may result from the image having 'display:block;' set in the
stylesheet while the link doesn't, or the image being floated while
the link is not (though if either of those were the problem, I'd
expect slightly different symptoms). If it's something like that,
it'll be hard to debug without seeing more HTML/CSS code.

Incidentally, this is not a TYPO3 problem :)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/