[TYPO3] File link (simple question?)

Tony P typo3 at tweezyhosting.com.au
Fri Jun 20 10:48:46 CEST 2008

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I'm not adding a new field, just trying to make an existing field appear
in the FE as a file link.

The extension uses an html template, with a marker like ###JOURNAL###
where the field appears in the FE. It currently shows like:
fileadmin/user_upload/whitepaper.pdf but I want it to be a link.

Can I do this using TypoScript?

Tony