[TYPO3] RealUrl - multisite links and baseurl / suffix

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jun 19 09:42:44 CEST 2008

Hi!

Daniel Huf wrote:
> I have a main website and two different sub sites (to simplify let's say
> Switzerland and China).
>
> First I'd like to use a global www.domain.com with a suffix
> /Switzerland/, but I couldn't manage it. All I was able to do is adding
> the domains in the different main pages like ch.domain.com. I tried also
> to forward the other domains like www.domain.ch to
> www.domain.com/switzerland/ again I managed it with the baseurl to
> ch.domain.com

You need mod_rewrite redirects.

> Do I have to manage a different configuration in the realurl_conf.php
> for each of them? is the " 'rootpage_id' => '27', " mandatory?

Yes, it is mandatory in multidomain environment. Domains should not be nested in the page tree.

> I also tried to make a drop down menu in the global site for the
> registering on each sub sites, but how is it possible to create a
> different "baseurl" for each link with realurl?

There is a new "link across domains" feature. It will help. Check "Pending documentation" on the wiki, "config" section for details.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org
Skype: callto:liels_bugs