[TYPO3] Japanese Language Support

Michael Cannon michael at cannonbose.com
Wed Jun 18 21:54:25 CEST 2008

Sundeep,

I think Francois Suter of Cobweb points out information that I didn't
know about regarding the static_info_tables language packages. It'd
probably be a good idea to look at one of those and see how you might
create a Japanese version and then check the sr_feuser_register code
for where the country and zone code is code.

Also, when installing static_info_tables, you can configure defaults
via TypoScript Constants. As such, set you English as default, then do
something like the following to set the default Japanese settings.

# Chinese (Traditional)
[globalVar = GP:L = 3] || [globalString = HTTP_HOST= *.tw]
	config.sys_language_uid = 3
	config.locale_all = zh_TW
	config.language = tw
	config.htmlTag_langKey = zh-tw
	config.baseURL = www.cannonbose.com.tw
[global]

Francois, thank you for the help as well. You've pointed out some good
information for me as I deal with Chinese and English websites now.
Also, the thread hijacking might've been me as I get TYPO3-English in
digest format and didn't set my subject line properly. My apologies.

--
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC