[TYPO3] Japanese Language Support

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 18 17:41:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Sadly, there's no localization of the static_table or static_info data
> from which the country and state (zone) drop downs are generated from.
> You might be able to edit static_table in Extension Kickstarter,
> enable zone and country localization, then copy that code into an
> extension and update your registration to pull static_table
> localization in.

Hmm, in the BE I don't think there's a way, but static_info provides
methods for getting lists from static tables and looking at the code it
seems that it takes a language parameter. So I would surmise that
extensions such as sr_feuser_register call on those methods and would be
able to switch country names depending on site language.

There's remains that there's no static_info pack for Japanse...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter