[TYPO3] BE not working after upgrade to 4.2

Piotr Burda piotr.burda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 23:51:05 CEST 2008

Piotr Burda pisze:
> Hi
>
> After upgrading (from 4.1.2) to 4.2.1, my backend looks strange when
> using List, screen:
> http://www.narty.pl/em/screen_1.jpg
>
> Second problem is more serious, when trying to edit content element
> (pencil icon) i have error HTTP 500 - screen is here:
>
> http://www.narty.pl/em/screen_2.jpg

second problem is resolved.

after enabling PHP error in Install, i have this error message (when
trying to edit content element):

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in
/home/mysite/typo3conf/ext/cal/hooks/class.tx_cal_tceforms_getmainfields.php
on line 35

found the responsible: old cal extension, after upgrade to new "cal"
version BE content editing works fine.

Need help with first one

Regards
Piotr