[TYPO3] problem with the CONTENT object and the .if stdWrap property

John Kavanagh john.kavanagh at roomthree.com
Mon Jun 16 18:51:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am having a problem with the CONTENT object and the .if stdWrap
property....

My Typoscript queries a table in the database and if a value is returned
it displays a specified image and if none appears, it shows another.

temp.randomBannerImage = COA_INT

temp.randomBannerImage {

    10 = TEXT

    10.value < banner_image01.jpg

    10.if.isFalse.numRows < temp.databaseQuery

    20 = TEXT

    20.value = banner_image02.jpg

    20.if.isTrue.numRows < temp.databaseQuery

}

This works okay, but when I changed the 1st image to be a random image
taken from a specified folder I ran into problems!!

temp.getRandomImage = CONTENT

temp.getRandomImage {

    table = tt_content

    field = images

    select {

        pidInList = 58

        max = 1

        orderBy = rand()

    }

    renderObj=COA

    renderObj {

        10=TEXT

        10 {

            wrap=|

            field=image

        }

    }

}

temp.randomBannerImage = COA_INT

temp.randomBannerImage {

    10 = TEXT

    10.value < temp.getRandomImage

    10.if.isFalse.numRows < temp.databaseQuery

    20 = TEXT

    20.value = banner_image02.jpg

    20.if.isTrue.numRows < temp.databaseQuery

}

For some reason both image names appear - it seems the CONTENT item
temp.getRandomImage is igonoring the .if.isFalse statement!!

Can anyone explain why or offer a workaround??

Thanks a million!!

John.

The random image always comes out, ignoring the if.isFalse statement.