[TYPO3] Changing appearance of tt_news file list icons

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 16 16:06:30 CEST 2008

Hi. I'm trying to change the icon used by icons in tt_news's file list.

Someone suggested I look at the Typoscript for tt_news and this (along with
the tsref) led me to write this:

newsFiles {
    #As default
    path = uploads/media/
    icon = 1
    stdWrap.wrap = <dd>|</dd>

    # try and change all icons at first to a custom one...
    iconCObject.5 = IMAGE
    iconCObject.5 = {
    	file.5 = IMG_RESOURCE
    	file.5 = {
    	  file = fileadmin/templates/images/icons/pdf.png
    	}
    }
  }

newsFiles in the tt_news manual is of type filelink, and looking at that in
the tsref I believe I must set the iconCObject property to type IMAGE, an
then the file property I must make a IMG_RESOURCE. The file property of the
IMG_RESOURCE is then (i assuem from what I can understand of the tsref) the
path to the file.

I've done something wrong though, as the icons use the same default ones as
before. Can someone help me with the typoscript to achieve what I want? Or
tell me what I have done wrong. Eventually when I can get it to use the pdf
icon for every file type I want to try and get it to pick the icon based on
the files type (like it now does automatically.

-----
--
Stephen Bungert