[TYPO3] "Connecting" comments extension to fe_users

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Jun 14 13:25:47 CEST 2008

Hi!

On 2008-06-14 02:32:13 +0300, "Søren Malling" <soren.malling at gmail.com> said:

> I've found the function processSubmission() in
> EXT:comments/pi1/class.tx_comments_pi1.php, but if i understand your reply
> (and the whole conecpt of hooks) that's not the file for me to edit? Instea
> i should turn my head to the ext_localconf.php file in the root of the
> specific extenstions folder (EXT:comments/)(?). Right now I've inserted a
> line like this

No, you should create your own extension and add a hook there, in its
own ext_localconf.php. For example, see how comments_ic extension makes
hooks.

> if (t3lib_extMgm::isLoaded('tt_news')) {
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['tt_news']['extraItemMarkerHook'][$_
> EXTKEY]
> = 'EXT:comments/class.tx_comments_ttnews.php'
> }

Well, this is comment's hook to tt_news. You need your own.

> But how do I declare the extra field "group". Will I have to extend the
> table through "kickstarter" (or maybe directly thorugh phpMyAdmin) and how
> to I add the specific value to the field, from this hook?

Try searching for the tutorial on writing extensions. It is a big topic
for discussing it in the mailing list :(

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Skype: callto:liels_bugs