[TYPO3] active menu item sort/ display active menu item first

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:00:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Kathryn Blair
<artscoop at mail.arts.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but that won't work because what I need is
> leveluid:1 excluded (so the top-level parent of the current page) and *not*
> the current page. As you can see, I talked about excludeUidList=current in
> my email, and mentioned that it doesn't meet my needs (unfortunately).
>
> Does anybody have any idea how to insert data into the excludeUidList, or
> why / that it definitely doesn't work and I'm not just doing it incorrectly:
>

> excludeUidList.insertData=1
> excludeUidList={leveluid:1}

I haven't been following this thread, so I don't actually know what
you're trying to do, but this part of your question was answered by
Tomas already. Every TS property that doesn't belong to some non-core
extension is in the TSref. When you have a question like this, you can
find the *definitive* answer by finding the relevant property in the
TSref and checking the value in the property's "Data Type" column.

In this case, the value shown under "Data Type" for "excludeUidList"
is "list of int" [1]. It's muddied slightly by the fact that "current"
works for this particular property, but it's unambiguously clear that
nothing such as "insertData" will work: the value of the "Data Type"
column would need to be (or include) "stdWrap". For more details
consult the Datatype Reference in the TSref [2].

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/11/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/2/2/

--
Christopher Torgalson