[TYPO3] active menu item sort/ display active menu item first

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Fri Jun 13 17:37:05 CEST 2008

> menu -- for some reason, excludeUidList.insertData=1
> /excludeUidList={leveluid:1} doesn't work. Is that by design?

Yes, it is by design. It works only if the attribute is stdWrap which
excludeUidList is not.

1. Try Martin's advice. However, I don't think it will work when the
user is seeing a subpage.

2. Play further with doNotShowLink. Don't set it only for the first
level but also for the second level of "temp.menu_2". Also, in the first
level you don't need ACT.wrapItemAndSub as you don't want to display the
submenu at all.

3. If nothing else works, there's always the last resort solution: load
the menu items with your own PHP function but let TYPO3 render it. See
HMNENU's property "special = userfunction".

Tomas Mrozek