[TYPO3] RealURL / cache_pages

Vincent Mans typo3.vincnet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:45:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

Final note on this (because it's just a thought): I'm targeting the
TYPO3 caching mechanism and options. Think the RealURL caching is good
for it's purposes - it "just" stores the readable urls that
consequently must be stored as links in the TYPO3 page cache. This
cache (the table 'cache_pages') could then store cached pages per
domain (like it stores per language, if I see it correctly) - and if a
domain is not cached, the page does not automatically fall back to
another domain -> this would be configurable (like for languages). So,
basically, give system admins more and usefull controls for the
caching, especially in large environments (after all, TYPO3 is an
enterprise level platform).

Perhaps, thinking further ahead, some integration of RealURL cache and
TYPO3 caching can be useful from this perspective. But how, why and
what exactly, that looks complicated to me. I'm not a core architect
(alas, don't have the skills for that).

May be it's a thought to put on the map for TYPO3 6 (or 5.5).

Greetz,
Vincent