[TYPO3] RealURL / cache_pages

Vincent Mans typo3.vincnet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:29:12 CEST 2008

Thanks again. Well, I used the advanced option (always do that) and
also the autogenerate stuff (first PHP to check what happens, after
that Serialized for performance reasons). I once changed the class
that generates the serialized to get tailorwork serialized autoconfig.
So I know a bit how it works and therefor I can tell what a great
extension this is. The configuration option it is not bad at all, but
there are always organisations where it suits less perfect. As always,
there are things to improve.

Seeing the cache mechanism (cache_pages), and if I understand it well
enough, I would think of a solution where one can choose per domain
what cache mechanism is used. So, for www.domain.tld do this cache and
for *.domain.tld do that cache (or exclude from cache). This might be
configurable already, I'm not sure, but now we have the situation that
one page, which is accessible from all domains that come to the root
of the pagetree, gets cached once. Perhaps it would be nice if it got
cached for each domain (like a page gets cached for each language).
This may have some other positive by-effects (e.g. possibilities for
differentiated indexing in Google perhaps?). I'm not sure, it's just
an idea.

Greetz,
Vincent