[TYPO3] TypoScript stripping out inline <style> block

spaul at digipen.edu spaul at digipen.edu
Thu Jun 12 23:46:10 CEST 2008

I'm trying to dynamically generate a block of inline CSS using
Typoscript. I have a base template file for the CSS like this:

#some_element {
   border: 2px solid ###BORDER_COLOR### ###BORDER_COLOR###;
}

.some_content {
   color: ###CONTENT_COLOR### ###CONTENT_COLOR###;
   background-color: ###CONTENT_BACK_COLOR### ###CONTENT_BACK_COLOR###
}

I use a TEMPLATE cObject to replace the markers with template
constants. This works fine and generates the correct out.

However, when I wrap the resulting content in <style>|</style> or any
variation thereof, TYPO3 seems to strip the entire object from the
page output. It's a very frustrating problem and I hope someone knows
how to alter/disable this behavior.

Many thanks,
Samuel Paul