[TYPO3] New Videos for TYPO3 Editors

Silke Arend sa at externes-management.de
Thu Jun 12 20:58:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

my name is Silke Arend. I am new to this list, although some of you
will now me from various TYPO3 events and other mailing lists.

I began to upload new screen capture videos onto typo3.org, which
focus on TYPO3 editor tasks (v4.2). Since they are meant to become a
whole series - may be even serveral series - I would appreciate
comments and suggestions before producing all of them. You will find
two prototypes and further discription on
http://typo3.org/documentation/videos/tutorials-v4/.

One thing I want to mention explicitly: Up to now, all videos are in
wmv format, which is supposed to be playable on different systems. Do
you think it is necessary to provide the videos in another format as
well?

We have tested various alternatives - but without any consistant
result. Even the current avi files are not playable on all systems.

Is their any-one with good knowledge in video-editing, who can help us
out with a tip which format, codec and setting will lead to videos
compatible to (nearly) all systems? Obviously, these files should be
of descent quality and file size.

Have a nice evening / day,

Silke