[TYPO3] Custom TS actions based on Usergroup or specific User-property

Esben Maaløe acebone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:47:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

I am new to the list, so if I violate any etiquette, let me know :-)

My question:

I am doing a site for a company that administrates rented flats.

The target-users for this site are the tenants in these flats.

The flats are divided into several "divisions" (by geographical location of
the flats)

When tenants sign up to the site (I am using EXT:sr_feuser_register for
this), they are given an option to tell the system which "division" they
belong to (I have extended the fe_userobject with a "division" property).

Some of the content served on the site, should be dependent on this
"Division" property.

An example could be "Latest forum messages in forum XX" where XX of course
is the name of the division. A tenant from division 1 should be shown the
latest messages from forum "Division 1" when he logs in.

Ideally I would like sr_feuser_register to automatically add a new user to a
fe_usergroup based on which division the user claims to belong to. It would
then be trivial to set up a TS condition a la:

[usergroup = XX]
    # Do XX stuff here
[end]

And do stuff from there.

However I've looked in the code for sr_feuser_register - and it is too
complex for me to get to the bottom off. The guys who wrote it are very much
into Typo3 and they're of course using their knowledge to the fullest. Alas
that makes the code very opaque to me, 'coz I am not at all very well versed
in Typo3 on the core-level.

Another option:

Based on the value of the "division" property of the currently logged in
user, execute this and that TS. In other words, set up a condition based on
the "division" property.

#Following syntax is not working - i am looking for a syntax that WILL work
[user:division = XX]
 # show XX stuff here
[end]

But I've read the TSRef.sxw - and judging from that, it is not possible to
set up a condition like that?

Any hints on what to read up on, any help, any inspiration to do the same
thing but in another way - ANYTHING that can get me further would be
awesome.

Thnx in advance
Esben