[TYPO3] migration prob again

smile at ixnl.com smile at ixnl.com
Thu Jun 12 15:16:57 CEST 2008

Hi

Dmitry. .  to clarify. I didn't ask for help without knowing the
ramifications of what I was asking. I know I don't know linux, but I have
been running a Typo3 site for a community on a shared server for approx 3
years, and although I am not a guru in typo3 either, I manage with a lot
of trial and error.

The community site is a labour of love, and I make no money from it.
Problem arose when there became too many users, and I kept getting bumped
because of CPU usage etc. I was quite happy on the shared server, but I
had no other option.

Now, saying that I am on a fixed income, invalidity, so I can't just go
out and hire a developer, it is financially impossible. I realize, and
know you are an expert with Typo3, and linux, as I have read your articles
on your site. I applaud you, and feel quite inadequate after your reply to
my first mail on the subject.

I didn't come on begging for help, I didn't do the 'Oh! woe is me' and beg
for help.

Believe me, I searched Google, asked in the chat at the Typo3 room, and
scoured around before I asked here.

I have talked to support, and they have given me info that I can't make
sense of, but I will persevere, and hopefully I will manage to get it
going one day, hopefully before my account on the shared server runs out.

I was stuck, and now even more so.

One thing is for sure, I will decidedly think twice before I ask for help
here again. Being part of the core team I thought you would have been more
constructive when new users, and users with a lot less knowledge than
yourself ask questions.

I read most of the mails here hoping to learn something, and thankfully
their are lots of members that do help others.

If I was a bit too personal, I apologize, but it was frustration.

Stan