[TYPO3] "Connecting" comments extension to fe_users

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jun 12 13:41:27 CEST 2008

Hi!

Søren Malling wrote:
> I've been setting up the extension "comments" for people to comment on
> articles and other pages.
>
> The only thing that "bothers" me about this extension is that it's writing
> the entered informations directly to it's own table.

This is a cost of being universal... Comments extension can be used for commenting on almost any record in the system but it cannot extend every table. So it stores data centrally.

> Has anybody used comments along with frontend users and maybe created a
> connection between these two parts of the system. All in all, just a
> reference from the comments table to the specific FE user that posted the
> comment?

The reference exists. Actually, it is made in the proper TYPO3 format (tablename_uid). Comments record will show the commented record in BE. Additionally comments extension properly updates reference index to ensure that links between two records are maintained properly.

It is safe :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org