[TYPO3] RealURL / cache_pages

Vincent Mans typo3.vincnet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 12:56:56 CEST 2008

Hi List,

Using RealURL gives some trouble, I listed this before. Problem seems
not RealURL itself. Analysis gives further info, and it seems best to
start this new thread about it.

The situation: after a while the links break like this: '/holiday'
becomes '/13' in the table 'cache_pages' field 'HTML '. The stored
links in the RealURL tables stay okay, so menu and hyperlinks click to
'page not found'.

Some tested scenarios:
1) if page cache is emptied -> links break, are not regenerated okay
2) if page cache is updated (after period) -> links regenerate okay
3) if all page cache is emptied -> links regenerate okay
4) if all FE cache is emptied -> links regenerate okay

So I have a situation where it looks like if the page cache is emptied
(read as: record is deleted from table). There is no trigger for such
an action, there is no setup or config setting that does it. To me it
seems that after the cache period expired, if the page is revisited,
the record gets updated with a new period (in my case here, the
content of the page is not edited). So where does the automatic 'empty
this page cache' or alike behaviour come from?

On other servers, I cannot reproduce this (like you all probably).
Emptying the 'this page cache' leeads normally to correctly
regenerated links. I'm investigating some server influence on this
behaviour, so I'll get back on this when I have more info. But for
now, does someone have a clue? What may trigger an 'empty this page
cache' or look-a-like behaviour?

PHP4, MySQL3.23 (yes! threepointtwentythree), TYPO3 4.1.5,
RealURL1.3.x and 1.4.0.

Greetz,
Vincent