[TYPO3] migration prob again

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Jun 12 12:04:38 CEST 2008

Hello Smile,

Are your user:group the webserver user:group. Normally on Linux these user
groups are apache, nobody or www-data. Don't look like it.

Because, if its not, you have to change the user:group for the whole website
to the webserver user:group. If you don't you will be unable to do anything
at all. Google on "Linux chown"

And I have to say I partly agree with Dmitry, if you don't know anything
about permissions in Linux, or how webservers etc run with their own user/group,
either try to learn it (it's a lot of reading on the web), or get some help
and advice from one who knows the stuff.

I'm not telling this to be rude, but to help you not making your VPS a security
blackhole. Your problem isn't really a TYPO3 problem either, but a Linux
permission problem. Myself have run Linux servers for 5 - 6 years, and even
today I'm using help from persons with more knowlegde than I have.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no