[TYPO3] migration prob again

Gijs Epping gijs.epping at efocus.nl
Thu Jun 12 09:17:14 CEST 2008

smile at ixnl.com schreef:
> help!! I just migrated a typo3 from a shared server to a VPS server, and
> install tells me the dirs are not writeable. I looked and they are set to
> 755 and file to 644 but it doen't work, I tried changing the permissions
> but it makes no difference. Is it an ownership issue, and what should it
> be?
>
> If it is, can someone give me a step by step on how to correct it, as I am
> not a linux guru.

Do you have root access? if so try the following on the commandline

su (command to go to root, type your root password)

After that go to the directory where the installation of typo3 resides.

then type:

chmod -Rf 777 *

This turns all directory's to 777 you can chnage owner with

chown --help

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards
Gijs Epping