[TYPO3] active menu item sort/ display active menu item first

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Wed Jun 11 10:24:08 CEST 2008

Hello Kath,

***Short version:

I believe you can do this using templates.
Basic approach: instead of one menu and one marker for your menu in your
template, use four markers and create separate menutemplates for each
section.
Then by using extension templates (or conditions in your main template
for each of your sections you can assign the right menu's to the right
markers.

You'd have to find the right HMENU setup to get each of the menu's
display the correct pages, but that should be doable.

***More explanations

So in your templatefile something like
<!-- ###MENU_1### -->&nbsp;<!-- ###MENU_1### -->
<!-- ###MENU_2### -->&nbsp;<!-- ###MENU_2### -->
<!-- ###MENU_3### -->&nbsp;<!-- ###MENU_3### -->
<!-- ###MENU_4### -->&nbsp;<!-- ###MENU_4### -->

Then in the extension templates for each section something like
MENU_1 < temp.SectionC
MENU_2 < temp.SectionA
MENU_3 < temp.SectionB
MENU_4 < temp.SectionD

(Example for section C)

Or perhaps you could also define this in your main template by using
conditions. (using PIDinRootline)

And create some template records in a sysfolder in which you define the
four menus (temp.SectionA etc.)

I hope this helps. Maybe there is some other way, but I wouldn't know
how. (I've only been working with Typo3 for a few months now, but have
complex menu's on the site I'm building.)

If you need more help on this, I'd be willing to help you out, but I
don't have much time before friday. Maybe someone else can help of if
you don't mind waiting I can help you on friday. Give me mail off-list
if you want me too.

Info on HMENU:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/11/
on using conditions: