[TYPO3] Problem with RTE loading from server by IP

Michael Niemann xml.transformator at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 08:56:17 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a TYPO3 installation on a development server which is/was not accessible through the internet. Now I needed access to the backend from the internet and I'm using a corporate subdomain which is mapped to the root directory of the TYPO3 installation.

Everything seemed to work at first. Than I discovered that the re-login link was trying to redirect using the IP of the server which it has in the local LAN. That wasn't a problem of course but the same thing happens when trying to edit FCEs which contain a RTE field. It says RTE loading but nothing happens. In the status bar you can see that the browser is again trying to connect to the local IP of the server.

Is there anything I can do about this? Maybe something to setup in TYPO3 or the webserver?

Regards Michael