[TYPO3] Complex RealURL setup

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jun 10 08:37:18 CEST 2008

Hi!

Jan Bednarik wrote:
>> <offtopic>If I were you, I would restructure CoolURI code to look
>
> I know. But unfortunately I don't have time to do that. But I know I
> have to, because making any change in the core is pain in my ass :).

Try extdeveval. It can reformat code for you and add comment blocks.

> The problem is that the core (stuff in the cooluri folder) is not
> related to Typo3. For example, www.euroinzerce.cz uses CoolUri core for
> rewriting. That's why there's no GPL, because I didn't release it under
> GPL.

I mean the extension code. It is GPL automatically because it uses TYPO3 API. You don't have to release cooluri/ under GPL if it is not TYPO3-related :) But you should warn users about the license. Many companies have strict rules on licensing and they assume all is GPL. So if you have different license, users should be aware of it and check if their licensing policy is compatible with your license. This is truly important for corporate customers.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Skype: callto:liels_bugs
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org