[TYPO3] Gifbuilder, Bug or a feature?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jun 8 12:45:12 CEST 2008

on Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:57:30 +0200, Andreas Jonderko wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I was just playing with Gifbuilder, and was about to going crazy,
> because i don't saw my generated fonts-gfx. All the tests are going well
> in typo3-backend, but as a result, i saw only my background color and
> the width, that was generated.
>
> After some time, i play with the offset parameter, and voila, i saw the
> font. So i think the offset is wrong?!
>
> Here my working and not working tests (watch out for the offset
> parameter). My question at least is, why do i have to set the Y offset
> to my height (min) , to see my generated font?!

thats because of the coordinate-system:

the origin is not in the lower left with y-values upward, but in the
upper left with y-values downwards:
(0,0)----(100,0)----(200,0)
  :        :         :
  :        :         :
(0,100)--(100,100)--(200,100)
(0,200)--(100,200)--(200,200)

Text is originated in its lower left:
    |Text example|
    ^
therefore your values are are neccessary.

bernd