[TYPO3] Complex RealURL setup

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sun Jun 8 12:44:10 CEST 2008

Hey,

> Hi all RealURL experts!

oh, so you don't say hi to me, how rude :)

> I have my domain, www.mydomain.com (not my real domain, but good enough
> for this example) and I also have a subdomain, dev.mydomain.com.

I believe that owner of mydomain_com doesn't appriciate being linked
from unrealated pages. You should use example.com|net|org for such
purpose (These domain names are reserved for use in documentation and
are not available for registration. See RFC 2606, Section 3.).

> Any advice? I'm stumped. RealURL is not easy to configure when you want
> to do complex stuff :/

Anyway, if you're stuck with RealURL, you can still try CoolURI.
However, I believe you can do what you ask for with RealURL too. But
definitely, for guys like you or me CoolURI setup is a bit simplier.

Regards

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech