[TYPO3] Charset problem with Static_Info_Tables + Complete Country Subdivions table.

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Sat Jun 7 10:52:22 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm working on extending the country subdivions table of the
static_info_tables extension with records for more countries (actually I
am going to make a subdisions table which will contain the complete
lists of subdivions from ISO 3166-2 (all 4393 of them)). Yesterday I
experimented with the import function of phpMyAdmin to get some records
into the table.

However there was a problem with special characters. Both the csv file I
used, the database and the importfunction are set to utf-8. Also I use
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8'

If I look at the records in phpMyAdmin they displayed ok, but if I look
at the same records in the list module, I get question marks instead of
special characters. Like "Ab? Z?aby" and "Sant Juli� de L�ria".

Any idea why this happens and how I can solve it? Apart from adding all
records manually in the list module.

By the way: I'm willing to share the table with anyone whose interested,
once it's finished. Like I said it will contain all the up-to-date
country subdivions from ISO, with standards complient subdivion codes
(unlike the current table from TER).

Regards,

Walrick

--