[TYPO3] JS output in hook class in BE

misza misza at typo3.info.pl
Fri Jun 6 17:45:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused with this simple task:

I'm using the processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations hook to process
submited data and I'd like to give a feedback to the backend user.
The feedback should be visible both in record editing window and in the list
view.

The most straightforward way to deal with output is a message in javascript
alert box.

But the hook class is invoked before the backed form is loaded and
therefore, due to the headers, it cannot be the simple echo '<script>.....'.

Do you have any ideas how to push the message content ?

Greetz,
Michal