[TYPO3] TypoScript doubt

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:34:54 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Antonio Álvarez Feijoo
<aalvarez at igalia.com> wrote:
>> You mention searching through the page tree to do this, but you'd only
>> have to do it in your root template--and besides,
>
> The problem is a website with a lot of pages with different CSS each one,
> so including one CSS for *all* the pages is not correct.

Wow. This sounds like the css would be a nightmare to maintain.

>> you'll have these
>> conditions in that template anyway in a typical multilanguage setup,
>> and you *will* need to add to the set when you add new languages even
>> if your stylesheets are called by some other process. So I don't
>> really understand how adding your stylesheets this way is problematic.
>
> I only want to "automatize" as much as possible the process of add a new
> language in a complex and big website.
>
>> There are a couple of other options for including stylesheets that can
>> make use of stdWrap, but it's hard to say what might work best for you
>> without more information. Can you say why using conditions is a
>> problem?
>
> Could you tell me these two options, please?

There are lots more than two :-)

But for your case, I suspect that something like this will work:

# In "Setup" field of TS template:

page.includeCSS.file1 = fileadmin/templates/css/mycss{$language_suffix}.css

# In "Constants field of *root* TS template:

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
   language_suffix =
[globalVar = GP:L=2]
   language_suffix = _es