[TYPO3] How to change index.php to another filename

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:13:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Peeter Rahuvarm <peeter at kraabus.ee> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Now I've searched typo3 4.2 pure install for 'index.php' and found 455
> matches (well some of these were commented out) so I agree, it's not
> good idea to change this and it probably occurs in extensions too. At
> the same time, I'm afraid to change typo3 directory afterwards because
> of absolute url-s - it can happen, when somebody not so 'technically
> talented' adds images in WYSIWYG editor etc. (I have had that problem
> with Wordpress.)

Impossible with TYPO3 *unless* the user inputs html code directly,
which is not a normal situation--especially for sombody "not so
'technically talented.'" Besides which, in TYPO3's ordinary operation,
an image inserted into a content element gets copied to the directory
uploads/pics/ which itself must be located in the directory from which
TYPO3 is executed.

> So what if I change my old index.php to index.html (that has privilege
> to be default if exists) and tell the server to treat it as a php file?
> Then later I can just rename/delete index.html and voilaa.

This will work, although as somebody has already pointed out, it will
allow your development site to be spidered and otherwise accessed.

> I don't want to argue with you but it seems so much easier/safer to
> delete one file than move whole site and change template(s). I was just
> wondering if there is an option to change typo3's index.php but there's
> not :)

Easier? No. All it takes to move the TYPO3 install from the temp
directory to the web root is e.g. mv ~/public_html/dev/*
~/public_html/ plus, as somebody already pointed out a change in your
TS template from "config.baseURL = dev.domain.tld" to "config.baseURL
= domain.tld".

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/