[TYPO3] Optional elements in FCE

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jun 5 08:53:02 CEST 2008

Hi!

Michael Niemann wrote:
> taken a simple HTML template for an FCE like this:

Firsts, TemplaVoila has its own lists and such questions should be discussed there :) It is much easier to keep questions related to one extension in a smaller list.

> There seems to be no good solution to make the headline optional. If

There is. It is called TypoScript. You need to map H3 as OUTER and add <TypoScript> tag either to DS or (better) to "Local processing" in TO. There you check if value is empty or not. If not, wrap it with H3. Easy...

> I've either overseen a way of solving this or this is a major design
> flaw of TemplaVoila as this usecase is very common and some CMS do
> feature it.

I afraid it is not a flaw but lack of your own knowledge :) So don't be that fast talking about flaws ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Learn more about TYPO3: http://typo3bloke.net/