[TYPO3] How to change index.php to another filename

lesm nospam at please.com
Thu Jun 5 01:09:59 CEST 2008

Peeter,
As Rob said put Typo3 in its own dir, let's say /typo3 then create a
subdomain so that you have access as www.typo3.yoursite.com and password
protect the typo3 dir to avoid sniffers while you develop the new site.
   This way you can also test your .htaccess independently from the
current site.  When ready move the /typo3 content to the root or use a
symlink.
If you move typo3 to the root you only need to change the config.baseURL
in your template.