[TYPO3] Get content from different T3 instance

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Jun 3 20:56:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I have one system running several TYPO3 instances. This is a requirement. Now two of these instances have a particular node in the pagetree which is equal. For instance if you have to sites with a FAQ section that has the same content.
> Of course inserting the content twice is not exceptable so I have to come up with something to include the FAQs in one instance from the other.
>
> I thought about synchronizing this part of the pagetree but that is the worst case scenario as it requires a lot of code.

I have recently released an extension called external_import which uses
connector services to connect to external data sources and store the
fetched data into the local TYPO3 database. This should work for you,
but would require a bit of development: you would need to define a
connector service for querying another TYPO3 instance (and this could
rely on another extension of mine called remote_server (yes, this was
thought as interconnecting stuff, but it's still work in progress)).

Synchronisation of data can be set as desired with the use of Gabriel.

HTH

--

Francois Suter