[TYPO3] optional image processing or png alpha transparency

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 3 18:12:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

It seems that TYPO3 always processes the images I use in GMENUs or IMAGE
objects, even if they don't need to be resized or anything. In the processing I
loose the png alpha transparency, so I prefer to use the images unchanged.

I do need the image-processing for some graphic headers though, so can't switch
it off altogether in the install tool.

Can I disable or skip image processing for some menu's and TS objects?
Or can the image processing preserve png alpha transparency?

Thanks,
Loek