[TYPO3] ric_rotation, slideshow and cooluri

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Jun 3 18:03:14 CEST 2008

Hi folks,
I'm trying to get the flash banner links open in new window. The
combination is: TYPO3 4.1.5, cooluri 1.0.11, ric_rotation 1.9.13 and
slideshow 0.2.2.

In the slideshow record I browse the jpg image and in link field I
select External URL and in External URL Ive tried the url with and
without http:// but there are two mistakes:
- the address comes after the existing address
(http://www.mydomain.com/www.thelink.com)
- the (not-working) link opens in the same window

So it seems I can't get external URLs work at all. The pages within the
site open fine and in the same window. If I make a page type External
URL I can get the external page to open but this opens in the same
window also even though the page target field is _blank in page properties.

It seems odd that the banner management plugin doesn't open the external
links in a new window. So I wonder if this could have something to do
with cooluri..?

  - any idea to this is very welcome, thank you!

regards,
Katja