[TYPO3] Templavoila image field fixed w+h - input true-colour JPEG, output 64-color PNG?!?

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:45:31 CEST 2008

Andrew Plank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using TV, and have an "Image field, fixed w+h" defined in my
> template. The images I'm using in this field on all the pages are normal
> true-colour JPEGs. However, the output in the browser is a PNG file. Not
> only a PNG file, but one that only contains a palette of 64 colours!?!?!
>
> Anyone have any idea what causes this?
>
> In the DS for the template, the TS for the Image field looks like this:
>
> 10 = IMAGE
> 10.file = GIFBUILDER
> 10.file {
>     XY = 1000,350
>     backColor = #000000
>     10 = IMAGE
>     10.file.import = uploads/tx_templavoila/
>     10.file.import.current = 1
>     10.file.import.listNum = 0
>     10.file.maxW = 1000
>     10.file.minW = 1000
>     10.file.maxH = 350
>     10.file.minH = 350
> }
>

> And as far as I can see, there's nothing there that should cause this
> effect. What am I missing?!
>
> Regards,
>
> //Plankmeister

For future reference, I got around this by setting the output to JPEG.
See the two additional lines below marked with ****

10 = IMAGE
10.file = GIFBUILDER
10.file {