[TYPO3] Linking to parts of the typo3 backend?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Jul 31 22:58:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

> The editors are not technically savvy. They need a tool that's even
> simpler than the typo3 gui, at least when it comes to doing the
> following. Is it possible to, either with a plugin, or on the front end
> of the giu (client side maybe?), do the following:
>

> 1. The superadmin creates a page under a node in the page tree, and then
> clicks "edit page properties" and checks the checkbox "Restrict editing
> by non-Admins".  Can that be done with one click with a plugin (can that
> be done in the API?)  Or maybe I can make some kind of clever hyperlink
> that does that client side?

I think that you'll have to create a module that shows in the right menu
and do this when you "open" it.

> 2. The non admins can then copy the pages by right-clicking and choosing
> "copy".   Can that be done in a plugin?  Can programatically copy pages
> with the API?

The backend can do it, thus yes it is possible. I think you have to use
the class t3lib_TCEmain and its method copyPages. Again, creating a
backend module would do the trick.

I suggest you use kickstarter extension to get an extension skeleton.
The rest should be not so complicated.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers