[TYPO3] Linking to parts of the typo3 backend?

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Thu Jul 31 17:57:38 CEST 2008

We have a TYPO3 (4.1.2) site that has two kinds of admins who use the
back-end giu to change pages. One is the super admin, the others are
editors.

The editors are not technically savvy. They need a tool that's even
simpler than the typo3 gui, at least when it comes to doing the
following. Is it possible to, either with a plugin, or on the front end
of the giu (client side maybe?), do the following:

1. The superadmin creates a page under a node in the page tree, and then
clicks "edit page properties" and checks the checkbox "Restrict editing
by non-Admins".  Can that be done with one click with a plugin (can that
be done in the API?)  Or maybe I can make some kind of clever hyperlink
that does that client side?

2. The non admins can then copy the pages by right-clicking and choosing
"copy".   Can that be done in a plugin?  Can programatically copy pages
with the API?

Anyway we can make this more GUI would help- shortcuts or something. thanks