[TYPO3] Problem Uploading Extension

Lee M. Childress leemchildress at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:33:23 CEST 2008

Message: 8

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:54:47 +0200

From: Andreas Burg <typo3 at andreasburg.de>

Subject: Re: [TYPO3] Problem Uploading Extension

To: typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de

<mailman.1.1217451302.9792.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>

Lee M. Childress schrieb:

> I am using version 4.2.1 of Typo3 and am trying to upload the mm_forum
extension. When I do the import, I get the following error:

> No file uploaded! Probably the file was too large for PHPs internal limit
for uploadable files.

> PHP is configured to allow 12M uploads so size is really not an issue.

> Has anyone else encountered this error and if so, what was the
work-around? I have Googled the problem and see that several have had
similar issues, but never read of a "fix".

> Thanks.

Hello Lee,

did you try this setting in your localconf.php?

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setMemoryLimit'] = '64';

Did you try to upload via ftp and do the install then?

Or did you try to upload the extension into the repository?

Andreas

I added $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setMemoryLimit'] = '64';  to localconf.php
but the error persists.

I have the ability to upload the file to the server, but I do not see in the
Extension Manager how to import from the local server. Likewise, do not know
how to upload the extension into the repository.