[TYPO3] Please, help with RTE needed, it's not longer funny to edit text in TYPO3. :-/

Dirk Schlueter dirk at linux-desktop.de
Thu Jul 31 01:02:30 CEST 2008

Am Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:42:13 +0200 schrieb Daniel Doesburg:

> Dirk Schlueter schreef:
>
>> Below TYPO3 4.1.7 this works with the checkbox "Disable RTE" in the
>> bottom of the content element, i.e. text content element. In 4.2.1
>> there is a hint/help text for this checkbox, that this option only
>> affect this content element on this page, not generally the rte. This
>> is what i mean. The usabillity to select rte or no rte is really worse!
>>
>> I hope there is any help out there, to get my editors quiet. ;-)
>>
>> Greetz
>> Dirk
>>

> Hi Dirk,
>
> That option is still there. Also in version 4.2.1 Is it possible that
> it's disabled by TSconfig. May be by an extension?
>
> I can assure you, it's still there!
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

i hope i can express me correct. TYPO3 4.2.1: If i insert a new content
element on a page, i.e. text, the rte is enabled by default and there is
in the bottom of the new content element a checkbox "Disable RTE", this
works fine, but only on this new inserted content element. Whenever i
came back to this content element, the rte is still disabled and i can
enable the rte when i uncheck this checkbox.

BUT, if i insert a new content element again, the rte is enabled by
default again and the checkbox is unchecked. You mean there is an option,
that sets the rte to disabled by default (checkbox checked)? This is what
i'm searching for. I want that the RTE ever disabled until a editor want
it explicit with an mouse click on something.

I've searched around the net, read rte docs, but can't find it. I hope i
can get a hint.

Thank you very much.
Dirk